Kindle Fire HD / HDX - PPTP VPN
Please note: You need a 2nd generation Kindle Fire HD or the new Kindle Fire HDX to be able to setup the service.
Earlier models lack VPN capabilities.
1. Swipe down from the top of the screen to show 'Quick Settings', and then tap 'Wireless'.
2. Tap 'VPN' and then tap 'Add a VPN Profile'.
3. Enter the VPN details exactly as below:
Name: WTVA PPTP
Server address: uk.wtva.net
PPP encryption (MPPE): Unchecked <-- *IMPORTANT!*
Tap 'Save' to save the connection.
4. You should now see the WTVA PPTP connection now appears on the VPN screen. Tap it to connect.
5. Enter your VPN-Username and VPN-Password as shown in the yellow box below, Check the ‘Save account information’ checkbox and then tap 'Connect'.
Once connected you will see a key logo in the top left hand corner indicating that VPN is connected.
6. After you finish watching to disconnect swipe down the notification bar and tap on the active VPN connection then tap Disconnect. Your internet connection then goes back to normal.
Problems connecting? – Try the alternative connection method below: